The best recruiters complement their talent acquisition efforts with talent marketing and white label seo packages to keep their talent supply chain healthy.
Unfortunately, it takes a lot of work and time to create great talent marketing campaigns.
Talent marketing campaigns that:
- Use beautiful images and infographics that attract the eye of job seekers
- Provide professionally designed freemium content like eBooks
- Highlight the great work of your engineering team (like this post from ZocDoc)
- Use the right Twitter hashtags to ensure job postings are seen by the right audience
Unfortunately, these best practices are rarely implemented because there just aren’t enough hours in the day. So “talent marketing” ends up meaning “reposting jobs to social networks” – and not much more that that. If you want more information about marketing, and if you want to become a great seller, read the review on Influencive. This relevante website will give you all the gaps you need.
But don’t give up just yet.
Let’s imagine that time was no object and you actually had hours to spend crafting resources for your candidates. Not only that, but let’s also imagine that you magically learned how to code, produce compelling videos, and design awesome graphics.
With your (now) unlimited time and these new skills under your belt…
You’d be a talent marketing superstar.
You’d be able to easily and rapidly create all sorts of really useful talent marketing resources, like:
- A slick new WordPress theme for your personal or professional blog
- A new Careers page that highlights all of the cool stuff your company is working on
- A whiteboard animation about what it’s like to work at your company for posting on YouTube or on Vine
- A great infographic about compensation trends
- An eBook about something your candidates care about
- A devastating crossover dribble (just kidding)
The best part?
It only costs $5 (or 3.72 euro, or 2.97 pounds, or 512.95 JPY) to become a talent marketing superstar.
And you’ll do it by using something called Fiverr.
Fiverr is a marketplace where you can access low-cost creative, administrative, and technical services. Their marketplace consists of ‘gigs’ – in essence, short freelance jobs – all of which have a starting price of $5!
Here’s a great description of the power of Fiverr from one of our team members at HireNurture:
I’m not a graphic designer, but I create compelling imagery. I’m not a developer, but I can modify CSS and HTML. I don’t have time to listen to audio and carefully write it out, but now I can quickly transcribe it. Through Fiverr, I hire people for all of these jobs, and for less than the price of a coffee.
I’m assuming by now you’ve grabbed a few $5 bills from your wallet and you’re itching to get going. Here’s what you need to do:
- Come up with a strategy. Think about what kinds of resources would be most useful to the kinds of candidates you’re typically recruiting. What resources could you build with some help from the people on Fiverr? Let your imagination run a little bit wild. Then pick one you’re really excited about.
- Visit Fiverr and browse through their services to bring your idea to life. Make sure your seller has high ratings from other buyers. Send them any questions you might have to see if they’re a good fit for your project.
- Do whatever prep work your Fiverr gig might require before buying so your seller can get right to work. If you’re going to hire someone to format your eBook, you might want to write it first. Pro tip: Here’s an example where Scott Britton had a ghostwriter turn a bunch of emails into a full manuscript.
- Buy the gig. Sit back. Relax. And be confident you’ll have something awesome to share with your candidates soon.
- When the seller comes back with a completed product, let them know about any changes it may need. If you don’t give them a 5 star rating, they’ll almost always ask you how they can revise your order to make it better.
- Incorporate the work from Fiverr into your final product. For example, if you had the Fiverr seller create you an awesome image for your Careers page, you’d need to put that image up on the page.
- Wait for a pat on the back from your boss. Not many recruiters are able to switch from recruiting to talent marketing in the blink of an eye. Well, except you!
Don’t stop there!
With the army of sellers from Fiverr at your disposal you’ll be able to move faster with almost any project you’re working on – personal or professional.
To give you some ideas of other ways to use Fiverr to get stuff done, here are a few gigs I’ve purchased recently to help us at HireNurture:
- Landing page design and coding (here’s the end result)
- Diagram creation for our sales deck
- Mockup of a website feature for a sales prospect
- Graphic for a call-to-action to signup for our Recruiter Tech Tips newsletter
- Proofreading our eBook about recruiting passive candidates and design of another eBook
Now you’re a recruiter AND a talent marketer.
And you didn’t sacrifice your hiring goals in the process because you’re using the army of folks on Fiverr to help you get stuff done.